FaceTime is one real good reason for which you should buy the Apple iPhone 4 because this feature would allow you to talk to your friends in real rather than the voice or text based chats. The problem with the iPhone 3GS owners is that they cannot enjoy this feature as this is limited to only the latest handset and since the 3GS does not have front facing camera you cannot even try this out.
There is a new option available which is limited to the jailbroken iphones and only to cydia users. Called as the FaceIt-3GS application which is available for free, is going to allow you to enjoy limited functionability based service. The camera would work only on one way which means that you would be able to view your friends face on your 3GS while the call is being made but your friend with iPhone 4 won’t be able to see your face as you don’t have a front camera.
You need to access the Cydia App and search for ‘FaceIt-3GS’ under the search option and then install the application. The quick procedure is listed below :
- Open Cydia
- Click on the button (Manage) and then choose (Sources)
- At the top on the right click button (Edit) and then press the button (ADD) on the left
- Enter the source of any – iPhone Islam – http://apps.iphoneislam.com
- Click on the button (Add Source)
- After adding the source press the button (Done) on the right
- Now you will find in the list iPhoneIslam Press
- You’ll find FaceIt-3GS Press
- In the upper left button press (Install) and press the button (Confirm)
- Now press the button (Reboot).
- Go to the device settings and you’ll find Elvis Time apparent open it and make sure you wrote that you wrote your phone number starts with a “+ with a key country
- Now wait a minute to ten minutes and, God willing will do Elvis Time.
That did not do has a message Waiting for Activation, if you have to wait some time and work re-create the settings for the network.