After several repeated and loud voices on 3G tariffs affordability and the new brand identity launch, now airtel is also sprinkling this same flavor in the MNP launch in Haryana too, quietly airtel has launched the MNP offer for the customers of Haryana wherein customers from other operators can join the family of operator of your choice.
Except BSNL and TATA DOCOMO, airtel too like Videocon is offering no special offers as such to excite or say lure the customers to welcome them instead airtel is leveraging big on its advantages of its group rather than offering customers with great set of affordable tariff packs which actually matters the customers.
With the launch of MNP by airtel, one can move in to airtel to both of its Prepaid as well as postpaid services.
Procedure to migrate your existing number to airtel:
- First as usual, you need to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) by sending SMS to 1900. UPC is an alphanumeric code allocated, upon request, by a mobile operator to its subscriber for the purpose of facilitation of porting of his/her mobile number to another operator. For this you need to sms, PORT <your Mobile Number> to 1900. Eg. SMS PORT 90680 12345 to 1900
- Now, after sending SMS to 1900, you will receive UPC (Unique Porting Code) as a return SMS from 1901 giving 8 digit alpha-numeric Unique Porting Code (UPC) and UPC expiry date in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Now, after this you need to visit airtel gallery or airtel lobby and you will need to fill in the airtel Mobile Number Porting (MNP) form providing details like Current Mobile Number, Current Operator name along with UPC code which you have received in the form of sms.
- Now, you will have to buy the airtel MNP SIM card from airtel outlet by paying Rs. 19 towards the MNP charges and also along the appropriate FRC amount.
- After paying the MNP charges, airtel will send an SMS on your old/existing operator’s SIM (existing connection) intimating about the porting date and time, i.e. the date and approximate time till when you can continue to use your existing operator’s SIM card. There will be a 2-hour ‘no service period’ which will begin after the porting time as given above. The ‘no service period’ will be between 12 midnight to 5 am during which your mobile service will not be active on any SIM.
- After receiving the sms just put in the new airtel sim and enjoy the airtel services.
If you encounter with any of the problems in between, you can call 98960 12345 which is the customer care number of airtel.