Apple iPad was a great success in the whole Computing Industry because it gave a serious competition to the netbooks and millions switched from buying a new netbook to a new iPad. Now there are more than a dozen competitive products available in the market which are now going to beat Apple not just with their features but also in terms of specifications, pricing etc.
Nowadays there are tablets which are coming up from 99$ price range which can be found under the Archos Android Tablets series. While Indian companies are also getting into this competitive market with products like OlivePad, Infibeam Phi & WePad Tablet PC. In this article we will write a detailed comparison of the Apple iPad Vs Samsung Galaxy Tab, OlivePad and Toshiba Folio 100.?
Physical Dimensions :
Following are the Physical Dimensions of the different touch tablets.
- Apple iPad – 9.56″ x 7.47″ x 0.50″
- Samsung Galaxy Tab – 7.84″ X 4.74″ X 0.47″
- Toshiba Folio 100 – 181 x 281 x 14 mm
- OlivePad : 179.4 x 110 x 11.5 mm
The Folio 100 is the heaviest of all and is comparable with the Apple iPad, though the best in terms of weight is the Samsung Galaxy Tab which weighs just 380 grams.
- Apple iPad – 680 grams
- Samsung Galaxy Tab – 380 grams
- Toshiba Folio 100 – 760 grams
- OlivePad : 410 grams
Display Screen :
The best of all these is the iPad for the best touch screen but when you are looking for something which is easy to handle and carry then the Galaxy Tab can be considered as the best one with a screen resolution of 1024 by 600 pixels.
- Apple iPad : 9.7 Inch multi touch screen
- Samsung Galaxy Tab : 7 Inch TFT LCD Screen
- Toshiba Folio 100 : 10.1 Inch multitouch screen
- OlivePad : 7 Inch touch capacitive screen
Apple looses all the points in this case because it has no camera available, but there are a few rumours that the ipad 2 would have 2 cameras. Currently the Samsung Galaxy Tab wins the comparison because of two cameras allowing you to take snaps as well as have a video chat with your friends.
- Apple iPad : n/a
- Samsung Galaxy Tab : 3.2mp back & 1.3mp front Camera
- Toshiba Folio 100 : 1.3 megapixel Camera
- OlivePad : 3 megapixel camera with 4x zoom.
Operating System :
Apple is going to release the iOS4 for the iPad soon but till then the multi tasking feature is missing. Tab and Folio 100 are quite better with the latest Android OS.
- Apple iPad : Apple iOS 3.2 on 1Ghz chip
- Samsung Galaxy Tab : Google Android 2.2 OS
- Toshiba Folio 100 : Google Android 2.2 OS on Nvidia Tegra 2 processor.
- OlivePad : Android 2.1 (Eclair) OS on ARM11 600MHz processor.
OlivePad is not recommended because of the lower Internal memory which can be upgraded at your cost, while the other three tablets are good enough and offer similar memory size.
- Apple iPad : Available in 16Gb, 32Gb & 64 Gb versions.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab : Available in 16Gb & 32Gb versions.
- Toshiba Folio 100 : 16 Gb version only.
- OlivePad : 512Mb Internal memory.
In this case both the iPad & Tab would be worth buying because using the 3G cell phone networks option you can stay connected with everyone at any location.
- Apple iPad : WiFi, Bluetooth & 3G option.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab : WiFi, Bluetooth & 3G option.
- Toshiba Folio 100 : WiFi & Bluetooth.
- OlivePad : WiFi, Bluetooth & MicroUSB option.
Battery Life :
iPad has a 10″ screen size and still offers you with 10 hours of long battery life which is the best feature because Tab, Folio & OlivePad each offer a maximum of 7 hours battery backup.
- Apple iPad : 10 Hours long battery.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab : 7 Hours battery life.
- Toshiba Folio 100 : 7 Hours browsing battery life.
- OlivePad : 7 Hours battery.
Overall the Apple iPad again wins because of the huge AppStore which gives you access to the thousands of useful applications downloadable through iTunes or directly through the device. Next recommendation would be the Galaxy Tab which has the best features all packed in the 7″ screen size. We would not recommend both the Folio 100 nor the OlivePad because of multiple drawbacks in the devices when compared to the former two.