When you lose your phone, usually apart from the device, the entire data inside it would be gone too. If the data was confidential, there are ways by which you can wipe that entire data by either using the Norton smartphone security or any other remote management tool. But your job doesn’t end there. The data is lost totally, and you forgot to keep a copy of it for your future use. The same happens when you restore your phone to factory settings, here all the information that you saved in the phone is lost. For these situations, its better to keep a backup of the data. And backing up data on the go is not that easy with the local computers. There is a tool which would come handy for such situations – Mybackup pro.
MyBackup Pro helps to backup the entire phone data and even the applications that you have installed in your android phone. This is done either into the SD card if you wish, or to the servers of MyBackup Pro where it is securely stored. One if the best advantages of the online backup is that the data is stored perfect, unlike the SD card which itself can get corrupted anytime, leaving you helpless in the end.
Here are a few features of the MyBackup Pro app for Android -
- Cloud backup – Storage of the backup of applications and data of your phone in the online servers.
- SD card backup – Backup of the data to a SD card.
- Backup viewing and managing – The entire backup is stored in an organized way so that you can check what all is stored, without having to restore the entire backup. Use the cloud server system as an archiving system, and close it when done.
- Scheduled backup – The backups can be scheduled for daily or weekly automated backups to the server.
- Backup of rooted phones – The rooted phones have the 3rd party applications in them and MyBackup Pro helps in backing up even those apps apart from the normal apps and data of the phone.
- Access the data online – The entire data that you have backed up, can be accessed in the online website of the MyBackup Pro, if you want to check what all data is stored on their servers.
- Append option – This option comes real handy where the current data in the phone is kept safe, and without deleting it, you can restore any specific apps or data from the servers where your previous backup is present.
What data can be backed up?
The data which can be backed up includes the contacts, the call log, SMS, Bookmarks, MMS, System settings (wireless control, sound and display, network, location, application settings, date and time settings, and the settings of Google search), Alarms, dictionary, calendar, Music playlists and few known third party applications.
Which applications would be backed up?
The limitation to application backup depends on whether the phone is rooted or not. In an un-rooted phone, the backup is limited to those applications which are non-protected. If the phone is rooted, the access is extended to the protected applications and even the 3rd party applications. The applications can be backed up in single or batches count.