There are numerous services in India which offer you with Online Stocks Trading services but one of the best of all these is ShareKhan which we have been using from the past 4 years. You can always Make money by buying & selling Shares online if invested wisely. In this article we will show you how you can get started into Online shares trading.
First of all you will have to get a Trading Account with Sharekhan services which would offer you with a Login ID, Membership Password & Trading Password, all of which are required when you are going to login to your trading account.
Visit the website at www.sharekhan.com and click on the ‘Login’ link on the top navigation. Next you will be shown with a box asking you to enter the details
Next you will be displayed the Home section of your account with links to all the different sections on the website. Here you can easily find the section you are looking for through the shortcuts provided as shown below.
Next in order to start trading you will have to click on the BuySell > Trade in BSE/NSE listed shares with ease online option. This will display you a ‘Investment Form’ asking you to select a few options listed there.
- Exchange Code : NSE/BSE – Select any one of these to buy the shares from National Stock Exchange listed companies or Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Scrip Code : This is the code which is used to identify any stock, like ICICI Bank would be represented as ICICI.
- Buy Sell : Here you will have to carefully select the operation you are going to perform.
- Order Type :
- Market Order – This would allow you to buy the selected stock at the current market rates.
- Limit Order – This would only purchase or sell the stock when the specified rates are achieved.
- Order Quantity – The total number of shares you are planning to buy or sell.
- Order Disclosed Quantity: Same as above.
- Stop loss trigger price : Useful when you are selecting limit order and want to buy or sell the shares at a specified minimum price.
- Limit price : This is the price you set when selling or buying your shares to make sure the transaction is run when it reaches the levels you set.
To get started and show you a demo we will go ahead with the purchase of a few shares. In order to find the Scrip Code, you will have to start typing the Company name in the box and the results would show up. Select the one which you would like to invest your money in.
Next you will have to click on the ‘Get Quote’ link to get to know more on the current market rates of the selected Scrip. You will get a Cash Quote for the same in both the NSE & BSE along with the current Buy & Sell Market Depth which would give you an idea on the current amount of transactions going on for the selected SCRIP.
Click on the Place New Order button and the order confirmation message like the one below would be displayed.
Next the order would be executed and would display you the transaction details with the status if it was executed completed fully, partially or if its pending in case of a limit order which runs the trigger based on your set of requirements as shown below.
Thats it this completes the tutorial on how you can purchase shares from the ShareKhan.com website using your own money which was transferred from your linked bank account. In the next tutorial we will teach you how you can sell these shares easily.