Thankfully, there are similar bookmarking tools available on internet to replace Delicious. While some of them are free like Delicious and some are paid software tools. It seems evident now that Yahoo will either sell its delicious or will completely shut down the service.
So, let’s check out some alternative bookmarking sync tools apart from delicious:
- Google Chrome Sync – Google Chrome, the popular web browser allows users to bookmark in cloud format which allows you to sync all bookmarks available on your PC with Chrome. You can either use Google Bookmarks or even Google Docs.
- Opera Link: One of the famous internet browser, Opera Link too can act as a backup service. Opera Link tool is one of the simplest tool to bookmark all your favorite websites.
- Firefox Sync –Just like Opera and Google Chrome browser, with the help of firefox too you can sync all your bookmarks in cloud format. If you use firefox more then only go for this method as it will be more beneficial.
- Diigo – As we saw that Diigo too is a good service which provides easy backup of all your bookmarks from delicious client. Because of its integrated feature you can enjoy this bookmarking for reading web pages even on your iPhone with which you can read those web pages even when you are in Offline. Also this app is available in the Chrome Web store with the name of Read later fast , so there is no need to install separately so that you can store web pages in Google Chrome and can choose to read them later.
- Xmarks – Last but not the least, Xmarks bookmarking tool too is a very popularly used tool which too comes with a capability of storing web pages and the service provided by this very much similar to the tool offered by Delicious as this tool too allows you to bookmark with information tags.
So, with many bookmarking options available in Internet it’s better to either create back up of all your bookmarks or export all your bookmarks to another client.