Before you would plan to cancel the Aweber email list service its suggested that you should take a backup of the complete list which can be later restored to another emailing service like phplist, mailchimp etc.
In order to get started you will have to login to your Aweber account followed by clicking on ‘My Lists’ option under which you would be redirected the lists page where all your lists are listed. Next to the list name there is a option ‘Back Up & Export All Active Lists’.
Next you will be asked to wait for a few moment before the whole zipped format backup would be sent to your email. Following is the detailed process which can help you to understand in a better way.
To ensure the integrity and privacy of our customers’ data, we do not email these files, or email links. Instead, we make this file accessible from within your account.
- Log into your account.
- Click the “Home” link (upper left corner of any page in your account).
- Click on the Create and Manage Lists link next to the “Current List” drop-down box.
- Click the “Back Up & Export All Active Lists” link. System will display a “pop-up” window with a download link.
- Click the link to download. (NOTE: This file will be expire after 2 weeks and will be deleted from our servers. You can then generate another up-to-date export if needed.)
- When done, click the red “X” to close the pop-up window.
Do read our similar tips on Aweber services which can Remove unsubscribed emails to Save Aweber monthly fees, Aweber Blog E-Mail Subscription etc