Google Chrome users are growing and there is a lot of things which you need to explore. As you know just like Mozilla Firefox Addon we have got Google Chrome Extensions which helps you make your life easier when you are on the web. So what does that mean? Are you using Internet Explorer now? Is it the end of Internet Explorer?
Awesome Screenshot is a Google Chrome Extensions which will take the snapshot when you call the function. It’s pretty simple to use and takes the snap in seconds with many features on your hand. It can capture the whole page or any portion of it with rectangles, circles and other lines. Moreover you can one click upload and one click save on to your computer.
How to Download Awesome Screenshot – Google Chrome
Follow the instructions mentioned below to download this beautiful Google Chrome plugin -
- Make sure that you are using Google Chrome not Firefox.
- Either you can search for Awesome Screenshot in the Google Chrome Extension gallery or you can directly reach here.
- Once you are on that page, now click on Install. Within no time it would be installed in your browser.
- After installation a new icon will appear on the toolbar.
- That completes its installation without the requirement of restarting a browser.
How to Use it
- Capture Visible Part of the Page
- Capture Selected Area
- Capture Entire Page
As I said, it’s quite easy to take the snapshot, click on the icon and select any of the three functions. The screenshot taken by me -When you take the screenshot you have the following options available for you –
So that adds functionality to the snapshot like cropping the image, adding rectangle box to add comments, showing arrow, showing lines and importantly adding text. Though you can get those options in a better way in MS Paint but that would be again double work. When you are done you click on Done.
As soon as you hit done, you would be taken to the next page where you have the options of sharing the image and saving the image. The following options are available -
- Temporary save of the file – You can temporarily save the file Awesomescreenshot.com and it would be deleted after 3 days there.
- Save it on Diigo.com using Google Account logins because is a great tool for all-purpose collection and sharing. This plugin was developed by Diigo.com and so is the saving options of Diigo included here.
- Save Image as File – You can save the image on your local drive in any format you want including the PNG format.
The following are the uses that you can do with this add-on –
- You can save image quickly and edit them within no time
- Quick and easy way of taking the snapshots on the web
- You can capture the entire page and also horizontal scroll is possible while capturing
- It supports the PNG format
- Save large image up to 2 MB