Here is a quick update to all our readers. From the past 2 years we were serving daily emails to our Blog Subscribers through the Google Feedburner Service which is a decent service for the initial stage of blogging because its completely free & easy service. After a few years or after reaching a decent number of subscribers its better to pay for a Professional Email Management service where in you have better control on your lists and can customize the same and send it. Here are a few reasons on why we opted for Aweber and why should every blogger do the same.
Problems with Feedburner :
- No Customizations – In case of Google Feedburner, the service allows you to setup the subscription box, add the code on your blog and then forget it. Following this you cannot customize your email newsletters in terms of colors, font easily and along with this you cannot change the design of the newsletter and its completely sent in the default format even though the messages get broken.
- No Direct Contacts – You cannot email your subscribers any personalized emails like any special mails, weekly or monthly newsletters etc because the only option feedburner offers you is a daily email to your subscribers with the content which was published on your blog. Though you can use wordpress plugins like ‘Feed Pauser’ to delay the newsletter but other than there is no option left for you.
- No Detailed Stats – Feedburner offers you with Premium service with the Stats feature which is very much limited with no option to find out the total number of emails opened, total number of clicks in the item etc in detail. Hence as a sender you cannot find out the interest of your readers and also the success rate of your newsletter.
Advantages of Aweber :
- Better Statistics – We have signed up with Aweber from the past fews and for this current period we are quite impressed with the total statistics. You can find out how many of your readers have subscribed to your email newsletter, how many of them confirmed the link in the first confirmation email and also how many of them opened the welcome email.
- Blog Broadcast Feature – Apart from getting subscribers from your websites to build email lists, Aweber offers you with a Blog Broadcast feature where in you can easily enter your Blog Feed URL and following this you can easily email your subscribers with the latest content published on your blog. You are offered with a numerous amount of templates which can be selected and easily configured based on your choice.
- Add Advertisements – The best part of building a list is to make money through it by referring useful products or services to your readers and making money in the form of commissions. Adsense for Feedburner is a good way to make money but again Google limits you on the way you can display the ads and you are left with no other options except adding Advertisements in RSS Feeds which is also having a limited functionality.
Here is link where you can find our Newsletters Archive. If you are impressed with the email formats and the information provided in them, its better to signup by entering your Full Name & Email Address on the subscription form on the blog’s sidebar or below the article. You can click on the unsubscribe link available at the end of this article to stop the feedburner newsletters in order to make sure that you don’t get double emails from us. Hope you like the change made by us in this regard!