Discussion Forums or Boards are places where users visit every single day to discuss on a range of topics. There are the members who normally would try to stay away from advertisements or even ignore them and their focus is to reply or stay updated on the all the threads and topics published. Hence, its important to tweak the advertisements in such a way that the regular members are not disturbed while the eCPM, CTR and overall revenue increases. Here are a few suggestions suggested by the Google Adsense Help team.
You can check out this series one by one based on your current website type.
- Ads Placement for News Sites
- Ads Placement for Discussion Forums
- Ads Placement for Blogs
- Ads Placement for Classified Sites
- Ads Placement for Games Sites
- Forum – Homepage
- Place large ad units above the fold to attract placement targeting.
- You can put up to 3 standard AdSense for content ads on your homepage. We recommend using a 728×90 leaderboard or a 468×60 banner ad format depending on your page layout.
- Forum – Category Page
- Place one large ad unit above the fold to attract placement targeting.
- You can put up to 3 standard AdSense for content ads on your homepage. If your site layout allows it, the best would be to use a 728×90 leaderboard.
- Forum – Post Page
- Place a 468×15 link unit below the navigation bar and above the title.
- Put a 728×90 leaderboard after the 1st/2nd, 4th/5th and the 8th/9th post.