We already published what is jailbreaking and 5 reasons to jailbreak your iPhone.This is the third part of the series where we’ll show you how to Jailbreak your iPhone safely with QuickPwn. The screenshots we used in this guide are of QuickPwn Windows version but you can follow the same steps for Mac version also. This guide is to jailbreak already unlocked iPhone 3G running iPhone firmware 2.2.1 If you haven’t upgraded to iPhone 2.2.1 please follow our guide here. Since Dev team’s unlocking solution works exclusively with baseband firmware 02.28.00, you will need to upgrade your iPhone 3G to iPhone firmware 2.2 without preserving its baseband.
- Download QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 Mac Version
- Download QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 Windows Version
- iPhone 3G 2.2.1 ipsw Download
- Download iTunes. Once the download completes you can start the process of jailbreaking we recommend you to read this guide twice or thrice before getting started.
- Make a folder on your desktop & name it Pwnage.Download the Firmware 2.2.1 & Pwnage tool 2.2.5 & place them in Pwnage folder you just created on your desktop:Unzip/Unrar the QuickPwn2.2.5-2.zip file inside the Pwnage folder.
- Launch QuickPwn from the unzipped folder to start jailbreaking your iPhone 3G.
- Please ensure that your iPhone 3G is connected to your computer. QuickPwn will automatically detect it and enable the blue arrow button, click it to continue.
- Now click browse and select the iPhone firmware 2.2.1 that you already downloaded.
- QuickPwn will check if the firmware file selected is the same as the one installed on your iPhone 3G, if valid it will enable the blue arrow button, click it to continue.
- Now you will be prompted to install Cydia, Installer (both are preselected) and if you would like to Replace the Boot Logos. Installing Cydia and Installer is highly recommended to enjoy the power of Third Party Applications.
- QuickPwn will again prompt you to ensure that your iPhone 3G is connected to your computer via USB, click the blue arrow button to continue.
- QuickPwn will now automatically put your iPhone into recovery mode. Once its in recovery mode you will be prompted to: Hold the Home button for 5 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the Power button and continuing holding the Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode. if it does not work and get an error message then try again, once your iPhone 3G is in DFU mode QuickPwn will start the jailbreaking process.
- Now wait for the confirmation message.
- QuickPwn will inform you as soon as the jailbreaking process is successfully completed.