Irritated by the smell of your old dirty carpet? You want to make it look new and smell good? If so then follow the below steps in order.
- First mix water with some laundry detergent. The quantity depends on the size of your carpet (do use your common sense in this).
- Now vacuum the rug thoroughly. Once its done, go to a corner corner of the carpet.
- Then gently wipe a small area of the carpet with a cloth (dipped in the water mixed with detergent) so that it becomes damp
- Now you should scrub the area with a scrub brush until it becomes clean.
- Once the above steps are done, throw some old towels or sheets over the carpet to absorb the excess liquid shed by the cloth and also to make sure the carpet doesn’t get dirty.
- Slowly complete the whole area of the carpet following the above steps.
- Once the whole area is done, replace the water detergent mix with clean water.
- Now go to the cleaned areas of the carpet with water and the scrub brush and make sure you remove the excess soap from it.
- Once the excess soap is removed, the carpet should be let to dry by air. Do not use artificial drier.
Tip: Make sure you take maximum effort to remove the excess detergent from the carpet, as it will pick up soil quickly.