It doesn’t matter whether you have gold jewelery or gold coins, gold is gold and it is highly valuable. So its our job to make it look at its best all the time. Gold does not get tarnished but it gets dirty by our own body oils and other dirt particles. Thus it requires cleaning. There are a number of products available to clean gold. But then why waste money on it when we can clean it at home using the normal household products.
All that you have to do to clean gold is follow the steps given below in the perfect order.
- Take a bowl
- In the bowl add three drops of dish soap and fill it with Luke warm water.
- Once the soapy water is made, add ammonia to the bowl. A drop is more than enough.
- Use a spoon or a stick to stir all the contents in the bowl to make a mix solution.
- Once the mix is ready, drop in your gold (jewelery , coin or whatsoever) into the bowl. Let the gold sit in there for some time , say 15-30 minutes.
- Now take the gold from the bowl containing the mix solution.
- Brush the gold with a normal tooth brush. Do not brush hard. Be gentle.
- Once you brush the gold completely, rinse it in bowl of plain water.
- Finally dry the gold with the help of a cloth. Do not air dry it.
That is it. The gold is clean and is as good as new. Just make sure you don’t use any harsh chemicals while cleaning it as the chemicals may eat up the gold which can make you lose more than you gain. The gold if comes in contact with very harsh and harmful chemicals can get melted and then can dissolve after which the overall weight of your jewelry can go down.