Laptop screens are normally nothing but LCD (liquid crystal display).Very common applications of LCD as a display device includes PDAs, iPod, high definition television screen and lots more.But the most serious problem which user generally faces is that they accumulate dust and dirt like there is no tomorrow.Just within five to six days of purchase it starts collecting lint and dust particles which makes the picture quality poor for the viewer.So what will u do now? Take a tissue paper dipped in tap water and start cleaning it? NO!!! Don’t do that. Or u may damage the LCD pixels permanently.
LCD Screens v/s Glass :
LCD screens are very different from monitor screens which are ordinary glass.LCD screens are developed with a soft film which can be very easily tampered using harsh paper towels or even chemicals present in the tap water.So u should always proceed with extra care because a little carelessness may lead to permanent damage of LCD matrix.
Cleaning Steps :
- For the solution use plain distilled water. If a bit heavy cleaning is required then prepare a mix of white vinegar and distilled water in 1:1 ratio.
- Put the solution in a spray bottle so that atomization of solution particles will take place.Never spray this solution on your screen itself. Because the edges are electrically sorted.So any solution dripping down them may short them causing permanent damage of your delicate screen.
- Switch off the Laptop and remove its battery before starting cleaning process.
- Apply a minimal amount of solution on a cotton cloth or if possible use a lint-free microfiber cloth which eliminates streaks across the screen from the pressure of the finger.
- Wipe the screen using the cloth in soft circular motion.Doing it faster will further reduce streaks.Just use only sufficient pressure to hold the cotton cloth in place.
- Do not use any tissue or paper towels as they may have wooden particles which may leave behind a scratch on the screen.
- Never use paper towels
- Don’t use any alcoholic solution.
- Shut down laptop before cleaning
- Never press too hard on the screen for cleaning