Finding a font of particular text in firefox browser is not possible until you check the source code of the website and find the particular text and corresponding font in that phrase. But there is a firefox add-on that can help you directly in checking for the font of the text.
Font Finder is a firefox add-on that not only lets you know the font of the selected text, but also explains all the CSS styles that are related to the text. But the essential function is finding the font of the site for you. Simply highlight a single element (e.g. a paragraph or a strong tag ), right-click and select `Font Finder`, then marvel as the full CSS text styling of the selected element appears.
Here are all the properties shown by Font Finder when you select the text and check through the add-on -
- Color – Color of the text, color code, the RGB code and background color transparency
- Font – The font family and font size of the text selected
- Spacing – Line height, letter and word spacing of the text selected
- Decoration/Transformation – The font weight, style, variant, transform, decoration, alignment and indent of the selected text
- Element details – The element ID, class and type are also shown for that particular selected text
So you don’t need any source code page to check everything. Font finder does more than what you expect from the name.
This firefox add-on works for all the firefox browser versions from 1.5 to 3.1 and it can also share the same information in thunderbird application along with firefox browser. Check out more about the add-on here.