My New HP Pavilion dv7 3080CA 17.3″ Notebook Review
HP Dv7 Laptop seems to be the Best Laptop i have purchased in the past 3 years and this is because of the hardware Configuration which seems to be beating all the previous versions. Here is a list of all the Laptops i currently own -
All of the above listed Laptops have been in the screen size range of 10″ to 15.4″ and i have loved the Sony Vaio N17G because of the full keyboard and the excellent performance with the Laptop still working perfect enough, but because of the new software’s which need better resources i purchased a HP Pavilion Dv7 Laptop which comes with excellent inbuilt hardware which can run amazingly any high resource using software. Following is the configuration of this Notebook. The Notebook costs 1400$ base price with 66$ shipping cost at 5740Rs Custom Duties.
- Intel Core i7-720QM Processor (1.6 GHz, 6 MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB)
- 6 GB DDR3 RAM (2 Dimm); Max supported 8 GB
- 500GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA); LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
- 17.3? Diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900); Nvidia GeForce GT 230M discrete 1 GB up to 2.8 GB total graphics memory
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Wireless – Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN; Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Backup – 8-cell Lithium-Ion Battery
- Weight & Dimensions (w x d x h) – 7.74lbs; 16.2? x 10.9? x 1.37?/1.70?
External Body : The Laptop looks great from the exteriors with artistic images near the Keyboard and on the top with a Black color as base. This does make the whole Notebook look professional and a costly piece, with a illuminated HP Logo on the Laptops Top, something which is normally seen on all the Apple MacBooks. The Notebook sides are perfectly ordered with different media connectivity options. Here is a list of all the Expansion Features this Laptop offers. The only part i didn’t like about this Laptop is the weight which is around 3.52kgs [7.76 lbs], hence i cannot use this while am on traveling but can be perfectly used a Desktop Replacement Laptop.
Memory, Processor & Storage : The HP Dv7 3080CA comes with 6GB DDR3 System Memory with another 1Gb Dedicated Graphics Memory which is one of the main reason i have purchased this notebook. A total of 7Gb Ram along with Intel Core i7 Processor would mean a complete Gaming Computer at a single location. The Laptop comes with 500Gb SATA 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive which could allow to store a lot of data in the form of movies, music and more. It does support upto 8Gb DDR3 Ram but comes with 6Gb as default and can be upgraded anytime. These days most Laptops have a Dual Core or Core 2 Duo Processor which would mean that there are 2 cores of processors running, but with the revolutionary Core i7 Processor from Intel, the computer processes 7 times faster. The i7 Processor, 6Gb Ram & 1Gb Graphics Memory are the main reasons i went ahead purchasing this Laptop along with a 17.3″ Screen which displays everything ultra clear.
Input : The Laptop has a full sized 101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad along with a Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad. The Dv7 also comes with a HP Mobile Remote Control for Media Center quick access to Entertainment.
External Ports :
- 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
- 2 Headphone out
- 1 microphone-in
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- eSATA + USB 2.0
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- 1 notebook expansion port 3
- 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)
Video capture interface
IEEE 1394 FireWire® Interface
1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
Memory card device
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader* for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards.
Extra Features :
- LightScribe Technology – Burn labels directly onto CDs and DVDs
- Dual-Layer DVD Recorder – Record and watch DVDs using your PC
- Built-in HP Webcam – Video chat live
- Mobile Remote – Control music and videos easily from across the room
- 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader – Transfer photos from digital cameras without using cables