Below are the Few Tips on How you can improve your Quality score :
- Relevant and Original content – The content Landing pages should be relevant to the ads you are getting traffic from. Make sure that you add similar keywords in the content as you have used in your landing page. Using the Keywords in Title and H1 tag are a good way to improve the Quality Score. If you are an affiliate and promoting another website then be sure that the content you are using is different from your parent website. Adwords won’t show multiple ads directing to similar or identical pages.
- Customized Landing Pages – Normally the traffic you get from PPC is highly targeted and looking for only specific things. Normally advertisers use same landing pages for a group of keywords but if possible you should create separate landing pages for each of your offer.
- Load Time – Your Landing Page loading time also affects the Quality score of the keyword. Keep your landing page simple. Minimize the use of images and flash on your landing page. Reduce the page size by using fewer and high compressed images. Avoid interstitial pages or iframes on your landing pages. Avoid excessive use of pop up and other obtrusive elements on your landing page.
- Improve CTR – Make relevant ads describing your products and offers. High Click through rates improves your ad position and Quality Score.
- Track Record – Quality Score of the keyword also depends on your account age, performance of your previous ads and campaigns. Your account history is measured by CTR for all the keywords in your account to calculate the quality score. New accounts would face some problem in getting a good quality score and could be overcome by high bidding for the keywords.
Google Adwords, always try to show the most relevant ads to their users and they depend on the Quality score to decide whether the ad should be shown or not. Hence, improving your Quality Score will help you to organize a high performing campaign with in your budget.
Gagandeep Singh is a freelance writer who mainly writes on Landing page design, PPC, SEO, Web 2.0 and Technology.