We had recently discussed about the iSIM which would enable you to run four different Phone Numbers from any Mobile Phone. Here are more details from the company which is actually going to offer this service. Offered by Motorola the product is called as iSIM which stands for Intelligent SIM because of its powerful platform and flexible features which would help both mobile operators and the customers.
The iSIM is built on a Flexible Wafer which can be attached to the original SIM card which you currently use allowing you to access to more features without the need of purchasing a separate handset with multiple SIM slots. Some of the features offered by the iSIM Platform from Motorola are –
- Multiple IMSI Profiles – This means that the new SIM would support upto 4 different IMSI [International Mobile Subscriber Identity] Profiles with one phone number. The subscriber can easily switch between different phone numbers of different networks or same networks without the need of changing the SIM Cards which is the currently adopted trend.
- Smart Dialer – The Smart Dialer feature offers a easy to use STK Menu which would save all the calling card numbers, login names & PIN numbers. Along with this the subscribers can opt for IP Phone calls or Call-Back services at discounted rates.
- Secure Enterprise Message – This is one of the most important feature because the subscribers will receive Encrypted SMS service where all the messages are secured because Secret Keys are assigned to the individual phone numbers. The Killer SMS feature allows you to completely Block or Reset a Mobile Phone in case it gets stolen or lost, hence the person who found the handset cannot make any calls or make any changes in the phone. There is also a Private Store which comes inbuilt for storing important information like Bank Account Logins, Passwords, Credit Card Numbers etc.
- Parental Control Service – This feature would make the Mobile Phones safer for the children subscribers because parents can manage the phone numbers list and also monitor the usage of the mobile phone through the website, to find out the out going calls along with duration. In short its easy to spy on their kids.
The iSIM is ready for the following applications:
- Symmetric Security/Asymmetric
- Security (PKI) over (U)Sim Tool Kits For:
– Message Decryption/Encryption
– Digital Signature
- OTP (One Time Password) Generator
– Mobile Bank Login
– Secured Web Login
– Online Shopping
Key Features of Motorola iSIM :
- Thin 0.4 mm thickness wafer add-on to SIM – Supports NFC and Non-NFC applications
- Enables high adoption rates as most SIM based devices can be addressed – form, factor & flexibility are compatible with most phones
- Transparent Interception
- Low Cost Solutions
- Low customer acquisition cost
- Low Application development, deployment and support cost
- Easy integration with the operator environment
- Payment and banking systems, supporting bank security platforms
- Call control, alternative call routing and callback systems (dual SIM applications)
- Enterprise Applications with enhanced and secured SMS services
- Parental Control and Social Networking
Independent SIM Tool Kit platform for customized application development:
Overall a excellent product which is being awaited by millions because this service would enable them to increase their Business by staying connected with different Phone Numbers while using a Single Mobile Phone handset.