Apple has released the latest iOS 4.2.1and if you are still waiting for the update to reach your device through iTunes or you don’t know how to update then this complete tutorial on how to update the firmware software of Apple will help you in upgrading. Please note that if you want to unlock your iPad then you must stay away from any iOS updates as unlock tools are still not yet released. If you have already updated with the latest iOS, then the only way you can get out of that will be Jail breaking iOS 4.2.1 using the Pwnage tool for the iPad. In the mentioned link there is no need to go through difficult steps of configuring the Cydia as it has working Cydia in it, so it will save your time and headache as it will not require compiling and patching of Cydia manually.
Also, most importantly this jailbreak is Tethered Jailbreak which means that every time you restart your iPad, you will have to re jailbreak by following a simple method mentioned below. If you are not comfortable with this process of frequent jail break after every boot its advised to stay back from this procedure and wait for the time till we suggest you with a full and simple method to jail break iOS 4.2.1.
How to Jailbreak iPad 4.2.1 iOS using Unofficial Pwnage Tool:
- First you need to Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPad.
- Now, you need to Download Modified Pwnage tool 4.2.1 which is of around 31MB, please note that this tool is un official and is not supported by iPhone developer team.
- If you have the latest iTunes then use it or if you don’t have then you can download the latest iTunes 10.1.
- Now you need to proceed by starting Pwnage Tool 4.2.1 and Create iPad iOS 4.2.1 custom firmware and need to connect your iPad to the internet connected PC or Laptop in a DFU Mode.
- Now, just launch the iTunes and restore the iPad with the custom firmware bundle just by holding the option button and then by clicking on restore.
- Now, browse and select the custom IPSW file which was created earlier, iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Custom_Restore.ipsw and simply click on Open
- Now you just need to wait for iTunes to complete the restoration process till then you need to wait for a while till iTunes installs the new firmware on your iPhone 4. As soon as installation is done, the iPad will restart automatically.