This manual describes the operations of the Reliance Netconnect application. This application requires MAC OS X 10.3.7 or later and is useful for connecting Reliance Netconnect on Macbook. The moment you connect your Data Card to your Laptop or Computer, its automatically recognized and you will find a extra drive in your ‘My Computer’ section from where the process gets started.
- To install the Reliance Netconnect application on MAC OS X, double-click the file – Reliance Netconnect.
- Click ‘Continue’ option on this Screen.
- Click ‘Continue’ and then click ‘Agree’ to accept the license.
- Select the MAC OS volume to install the application and click ‘continue’
- Enter the password of the current user and click OK
- Wait while the application is being installed. When the installation is finished, you will see the following window.
- Start the Reliance Netconnect application by double click ‘Reliance Netconnect’. The main windows of the Reliance Netconnect is showed as below.
- If you want to dial up to connect to the network, you must create a valid profile first : click Setting on the main window. Then the setting window will show up.
- Click New to set the parameters. Input the Profile Name as you like,
Then input network parameters?
Telephone Number will be #777
Account Name :- your 10digit MDN
Password : – Your 10digit MDN
- Click Save to save your setting and click OK to return the main window.
- Now you can select the profile as you like and click Connect to dial-up.
- While dialing, the MAC OS X may ask you to type your login password.
- Input your login password and click OK to continue.
- If connected successfully, the following message window will be shown.
- To disconnect from the network, click Disconnect.
- You can select the Network Type. In the sub menu, you can choose the following options:
High Speed 1x: The terminal can connect to the High Speed 1x network.
Broadband+: The terminal can connect to the Broadband+ network.
HYBRID (Broadband+ and High Speed 1x): The terminal can connect to the Broadband+ and High Speed 1x network both.
The below description is how to manually activate modem. (MAC OS X Leopard 10.5Version)
- Double-click the given “ZTerm1.1b7.OSX.dmg” file.
- Insert modem in the Mac PC usb port.
- Double-click the “ZTerm” and then you can see ZTerm hyper-terminal window.
- Type the “at+chv0” and then click the “Enter” button. If you see the “OK” in the ZTerm hyper-terminal window, go onto the next stage.
- Activate Modem by typing the “at+cdv*228” on the ZTerm hyper-terminal window and clicking the “Enter” button. Follow the instructions after dialing *228.
When you want to input ‘0’, ‘1’, ‘2’, …., ‘9’, ‘0’, ‘*’ and ‘#’ through hyper-terminal, use the “at^dtmf=0,0”, at^dtmf=0,1”, “at^dtmf=0,9”, “at^dtmf=0,0”, “at^dtmf=0,*” and “at^dtmf=0,#” command. [Source - rcom.co.in]