Steps to Jailbreak Apple iPhone 3G 3GS 4 New Bootrom
We had previously written on Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3GS on 3.1.3 iOS4 , but since there was no real solution for the devices on new bootrom the only option was to wait. There was also a option to Jailbreak the New Bootrom iOS4 or 3.1.3 devices but that was a tethered jailbreak which required you to have the SHSH Blobs stored from the previous version on your computer. But now the final release of Jailbreakme.com is going to allow you to even Jailbreak iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS with new bootrom within seconds because this is a Browser based tool which will download the files directly to your device through your device and jailbreak it.
- Step 1 : Run the iTunes application and backup all your files like Photos, Videos, Apps, Contacts, Music etc because this can help in restoring the same.
- Step 2 : Start updating your device to the latest firmware through the iTunes by directly clicking on the update option or else restoring one of the latest downloaded version
- Step 3 : Next Enable the ‘Airplane Mode’ in your device and then Enable the Wifi to connect to the internet network because in case of carrier based 3G connection there would be disconnections while file transfer.
- Step 4 : Tap on the Safari browser in your iPhone 3G 3GS & iPhone 4 and navigate to the website http://jailbreakme.com
- Step 5 : Tap on the ‘Slide to Jailbreak’ message to get started with the process.
- Step 6: After a few minutes of wait the jailbreak tool will start downloading the required files to your device.
- Step 7 : Once the downloading of all the files in completed you will find that the jailbreak process will automatically start and you will have to do nothing at this point because this release the simplest one.
- Step 8 : The Cydia installer would be downloaded to your device and will be added to your Home Screen.
Read our article on Purple Screen Error and how you can fix it. Run it once and the device in Jailbroken, next read our next article Unlock iPhone 3G 3GS on iOS 4.0.1 after Jailbreak to use your device with any carrier now.