Apple makes it more easy to play streaming medias on the portable devices with almost no effort. All you need to have is all Apple products and that too with the latest versions on it. So if you desire to stream music of your favorite artist in your iPhone but you have that media on your computer, don’t need to worry.
The latest version of iTunes and iOS 4.3 streaming media to your portable devices like iPad, iPhone and iPod is almost easy.
Follow the procedure mentioned below -
- You should be having the latest version of iTunes first on your PC or laptop and latest iOS on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- You need to enable sharing of iTunes music & videos on your computer. For doing this it’s pretty easy. Open the latest version of iTunes that you have and under the preferences, enable Sharing. Under Sharing go to Advanced and then select ‘Turn On Home Sharing’. You would be asked to input your Apple ID credentials and confirm the same. Now you can drag and drop to add files to the shared libraries.
- The next move is to edit the settings in your receiving media so on your iPhone or iPad or your Touch, click on Settings icon and select iPod.
- In Home Sharing option enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Now when you hit the main menu button and it will open iPod application.
- Now click the more button at the bottom right corner of your iPod application.
- Now select the Shared icon and view the shared files on your Home network.
- Now select the library which you wanted to play. You can select artists, songs, videos, and playlists.
This was easy and quick way to stream media on other portable devices without using any software.