Last time we saw a general procedure on MNP, how to shift your number to a new operator. Now let’s see how you can shift to BSNL Mobile Service. By a simple procedure which is given below you can shift from your existing operator to the BSNL Mobile.
Procedure to transfer your number to BSNL Mobile:
- First you need to obtain a Unique Porting Code (UPC) which you can easily get by sending an SMS to 1900 in the format of ‘Port Space 10 digit mobile number’ e.g. <Port 9416xxxxxx>.
- Now, Fill in the BSNL CAF for mobile connection along with a Porting CAF mentioning Unique Porting Code (UPC). In both the forms you will need to mention desired FRC and an alternate number on the BSNL/Porting CAF.
- After filling both the CAF along with necessary ID and address proof you will have to wait for 48 – 96 hours as this is the processing time.
- Before disconnection of services from previous service provider, you will receive an SMS intimating that your services will be disconnected shortly and then you will be connected with new service provider within around 2 hours after receiving the sms.
- After that, insert the BSNL SIM which you will be getting into your mobile and enjoy BSNL services. In case of any problems call customer care centre toll free at 18001801503.