YouStory.in itself has its own story of success within a year time. Inspired by its last year event TechSparks 2010 held at Bangalore, it has now moved to identify young startups from different metro cities in India and then finally moving to grand finale in Bangalore.
After having its regional round tables conducted at metro cities like Delhi, Cochi, Chennai and Pune, its being held at Hyderabad and then finally moves to grand finale which would held at Bangalore on 12th August 2011. TechSparks event which was held at Hotel Select Manohar on 16th July 2011.
- 2 PM to 2:50 PM Registration
- 3 PM to 3:15 PM Introduction by founder of YourStory.in
- 3:15 to 3:45 PM Narendra Bhandari on “Multiplying opportunities for your apps”
- 3:45 PM to 4:15 PM – The success story of redBus and its journey by Phanindra Sama, Founder, RedBus
- 4:15 PM to 4:30 PM – “Building Multi-level Digital Commerce Platform on Cloud” by Nitin Padmawar, CTO of Reasoning Global eApplications
- 4:35 PM to 5:35 PM – Panel Discussion by jury members.
- 5:35 PM to 6:00 PM – Question & Answers
Venue – Hotel Select Manohar, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Narendra Bhandari the Director of Asia-Pacific Software Services Group introduction to Intel AppUp which would give options to developers to choose their own OS. Narendra Bhandari the Director of Intel Software & Services Group showed what Intel is doing in the apps space and how startups can utilise the develop apps.
The next session was by Phanidar Sama CEO and founder of Redbus.in, which has brought back the life to the travel on road in India. He told about his own story of how he got the idea of starting redbus.in, that was interesting. It now the largest online transaction portal after IRCTC on the web in India and has won several awards on technology.
So it was 15 minutes introduction on how redBus works and its upcoming expansion. They are excited about -
- You can bus ticket sitting from one place to another with via route
- Their research helps bus operators to choose new routes
- Technology operates to find the new searches
- Last year highest growth in industry with online booking
- They enjoy high trust from the bus operators as they have increase the sales of tickets and increased their business
- Its format independent organized travel company in India.
- Believes in low revenue per ticket
- 85% of satisfaction with the customers
- Installation of redBus services in neighbor countries like Bangladesh and Nepal.
The next sessions was on Multi level digital commerce platform in India by Nitin Padmawar CTO of Reasoning Global eApplications. Then followed the panel discussions by G V Ravishankar Managing Director of Sequoia Capital, Jayaram Pillai the Managing Director of National Instruments, Vimal Abraham Strategy & Marketing, ISV & Developer Relations at IBM India and Phanindra Sama the founder of redBus which is moderated by Shradha Sharma the founder of YourStory.in.
Finally the questionnaires from young startups at the event.