YouTube is the #1 video sharing site and as Google has acquired it, it has gained good reputation in quick time. YouTube has now set no limit on the file size of the video that you upload but you can’t play more than 15 minutes per video and hence you need to divide into parts. So for the users who has fast internet connection will not prefer to reduce the file size as it was in the previous limitation of not more than 100 MB was allowed. But certainly users those who have slow internet connection willn’t prefer to upload HD videos with large file size and if they intended to do so it could take much time for them.
But most of the Internet Service Provider has limits on how much can upload and download through your internet plan. As such most of the users in India have slow internet connection and this tip would be useful for them to reduce the file size of the video that they are going to upload to YouTube.
Zwei Stein is a video editor with host of features for video editing work which are unavailable elsewhere. It’s a great freeware tool for the users to reduce or compress the video or audio files. What makes me to write here about Zwei Stein is because it’s a complete freeware tool.
Reducing AVI File Size
For those who are using it for the intention of reducing the file size then follow the below mentioned procedure with beautiful screenshots to help you.
- The first and the foremost thing is to import the video clip which can be imported by going to File then click on Import and then select the media by which you want to import. If you have video present on your PC then choose Import Video Clip or else choose Import Clip URL if you want to import clip for video sharing sites like YouTube or video present on any site. This completes the work of importing and if the video is too large then it can take few seconds for importing.
- Once the video is imported the whole look of Zwein Stein would be confusing to you. Don’t worry; I will explain the complete tutorial for what you are here for.
- Now from the navigation menu click on Destination and select Video Format in which you can select the output video size among the various available options for you. As you are reducing the file size 480x 360 would be ideal but I have opted for 320×240 video.
- Now again open Destination and select Frames per Second to go with available options of frames. I have opted for 15 fps but 30 fps is also fine too.
- Now again go to Destination and select Export, select Video for Windows (AVI) which is the desired AVI format that you want that you can upload to YouTube with less file size.
- Now save the video on PC.
- Once the saving is done, it would be further asking for the output sound quality as it’s also an important parameter directly affecting the file size.
- Select the compression quality and ratio. This is also related to file size.
- Once all the above step are done you will automatically have the preview of the video.
- The video would be saved as once have saved it on your PC, which can be uploaded to YouTube.
By the time you convert your video you must have understood almost all the features provided by Zwei-Stein but still there are few things which are handy and makes it a worth have video editing software.
The advantages of using Zwei-Stein are
- You can add unlimited video and audio effects for every video editing done.
- You have full control on audio output quality.
- Support multiple output format from AVi, RM, WAV, RA, WMA & WMV formats.
- You have control on frames per second too.
- Full control on Compression options accordingly to your needs from compressions quality levels.
- Directly import video from any site on the web.
- You also have the option of video upload from your web cam.
- Musical time toolbar to allow for time related operations within the context of beats/bars/parts.