Every month thousands of Google Adsense publishers are banned and there are always rumors all around the web saying that Google has a policy of disabling the accounts randomly. Now lets get into this issue in detail and find out whats the truth behind this and know some real facts which most people have no idea about.
Fiction : Google Adsense bans publishers randomly when they find a minor problem.
Real Fact : Google makes on an average of 32% of revenue from the amount they earn from their advertisers while the balance 68% is shared with us the Adsense Publishers. Now lets say if you as a publisher make atleast 10$/day in revenue this comes to somewhere around 3650$ in a years time. When Google is going to pay you 3650$ they would have already made around 1600$ through the advertisements you have served on your website. Hence there is no point Google is running some script to randomly disable accounts because their main business runs only because both Adwords advertisers believe the network and the Adsense publishers run the ads perfectly.
Let me share with you few things which can make sure that your Adsense account is not banned and you enjoy a good life with checks coming up from the Google Team.
- Place Advertisements in Right Places : There is no point is placing the ad banners at locations which can get you clicks because your visitors would find them as normal links and not ads. This could obviously lead to a higher CTR but when the visitor visits the advertisers website they would quickly press the back button to find more relevant stuff and this is one way the Adwords advertiser would not be getting the results what they were expecting for. Tricking the Visitors is not a smart idea, there are many bloggers and website owners who use dark colored themes and use adsense just below the titles of download links, free resources, free stuff which would make the visitors to click on the advertisements making the whole system useless for advertisers.
- Ads on sites that contain prohibited content : As a advertiser i wont be happy if my website is advertised on a blog which has adult or mature content. While my target is to get sales out of the advertisements published through Adwords system, if the ads are displayed on a non family friendly site, its better to opt for another advertising network. This is what happens all of time which is the reason Google has imposed a few rules, terms and conditions for Adsense Publishers to stop displaying ads on the adult or mature content, gambling-related content, or drug content. If the ads are placed by mistake, Google would notify you about the same and you should remove them asap.
- Referring Sites : It is very important that you should implement legit ways to get visitors to your website. Websites which get traffic through Pay Per View, Paid to Click (PTC), Adult Sites, Popup Ads are directly in voilation to the TOS and these kind of promotion is not allowed. You should also not indulge in Adsense Adwords Arbitrage because that can also get your account banned.
- Clicking Own Ads : There would be a thousand of reasons or excuses made by Publishers when they click on their own ads like – I was testing a interesting advertisement, i was testing if am getting paid for a specific ad, i wanted to find the revenue made through some ads, i was testing adsense format, testing adsense section targeting which are all actually not allowed. This is because the click you have made on the advertisement is not going to help the advertiser in any way and this is the very reason its always recommended to avoid viewing or clicking on your own ads.
- Do not Beg for Clicks : Many google adsense publishers have a habit of begging for clicks on message boards, instant messengers, chat rooms, social networking websites etc. They even indulge in click exchange programs where in they click on others ads on a daily basis and the other people in these groups click back. This is to make sure that the accounts reach a minimum payment amount of 100$ and then they can continue the same with another account. All of these scamming tactics have made Google to make the Account Approval Process more strict by adding new rules of 6 months old domain and domain ownership if not the account will be rejected. There is no point in asking others to click on google ads because you could earn a lot more if you go the legal way by getting real visitors to your website.
Finally here are a few useful suggestions – First read the Google Adsense FAQ, followed by Filtering Ads, Changing Ad Colors Automatically & then reading Serious Adsense PPC Tips which can Increase your Adsense Revenue.