I have started selling products on eBay from the past few days and now i wanted to increase the sales by promoting the listings through my WordPress based blog. Please do a research and tell me how can I display my current ebay listings into a page(pages) of my site. Some script that will fetch available listings automatically, discard ended listings, add new listings as they occur. But if I had to do that manually, then no problem, but automation is considered.
Solution : This is quite possible but a very rarely used task because most bloggers rarely sell stuff while most ebay sellers rarely blog on their blogs. Hence i had to search a lot of sites in order to find the right solution for this problem. In this article we are going to discuss about a WordPress based plugin called as the Watch Count which is not only going to help you in listing your latest selling items on your blogs sidebar. This is quite similar to the eBay Auction Tool – Alerts on New Listings & BIN Auctions.
The plugin offers you with beautiful widgets which you can easily create and also display on your blogs footer, header or sidebar where ever widgets are enabled. You can select the keyword or phrases and also the eBay based categories based on which the items would be listed.
Features of WatchCount :
- embedded search box for visitor-selected search words: have the plugin display refresh itself with updated results, or send the visitor right to eBay
- strong international eBay site support, including all 4 eBay Daily Deal country-sites
- plugin displays with localized language (selected by blogger)
- a variety of backgrounds/skins to choose from (with more being added), or select any background color instead
- skip keywords and display the Most Watched Items across an entire eBay site
- display a customizable informational message within the plugin to help your readers
- comprehensive configuration screen, including live preview
- text/label customization options
- for seller’s items, eBay Stores/Shops inventory is also included
- no programming/scripting experience needed; setup done via standard WP plugin installation steps
Once the plugin is downloaded, installed and activated under the Settings > eBay Items you would find a big list of settings which you can customize and also check out the live preview of the widget on the same settings page. You can select based on keywords, categories or country/site.
If you have an ePN account and a blog on your own domain, you can potentially generate commissions when your visitors click through to eBay then make purchases. Enter your newly-generated 10-digit ePN Campaign ID code above.
If you entered your ePN Campaign ID above, you can opt between 2 impression sharing levels whereby your eBay/ePN affiliate links will be shown in a percentage of plugin impressions/displays (random rotation). ‘High/100%’ puts your affiliate links in the plugin all the time, but displays a small WatchCount.com logo/backlink. ‘Low/80%’ shares impressions with us (we get 20%), and so we hide the promo tagline/backlink.