Google has launched the much talked Nexus One phone today at the launch event. Its another android product after that Google android G1 released 2 years back. The Nexus One is a product of HTC and one of the best designed phones, both from HTC and for android platform.
The phone has a 3.7-inch AMOLED display and 1GHz Snapdragon. This phone is a combination of best HTC hardware and the latest developed android operating system, delivering a tough competition for other smart phones, like the Apple iPhone and Nokia N97. Google calls it a Superphone and not just a smartphone.
Here are a few features of the Google Nexus One phone –
- Android 2.1
- 800 x 480 pixels screen resolution for the 3.7-inch screen
- Trackball with multi-color notification LED
- Light and proximity sensors, compass and GPS
- 22.5mm thick, weighs 130g, 5 megapixel camera with LED flash.
- Stereo bluetooth
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- New 3D framework in the Android platform.
- Active noise suppression with 2 mics, front and back
- App launcher works on 3D concept
- New photo visualization system – Images tip based on accelerometer
- Google earth for android launched in this phone
- Google voice enabled in android
- Google earth comes with Voice – name a place and it takes you there in the map
- Planning and 3D perspective in the Google earth app
- Dynamic screen – moving wallpaper with interface that ripples on touch
- Wi-Fi support is there, but tethering is not possible
Nexus One unlocked and without service: $529. Buy it with service from T-Mobile for $179. Its available only with T-mobile right now, and soon with Verizon. AT&T buyers should have to wait, until something comes from their side.
The android 2.1 platform is to be released in a couple of days, but the phone starts shipping today itself.
You can buy the phone from the Google website, and pay with Google checkout. You just need a Google account for the purchase. You can engrave 2 lines of text on the phone.
Right now, Google is shipping the phone to 4 countries – USA, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong.