Google has announced a new feature for Gmail account users which is seriously something we have been waiting from a long period. The new feature is useful for people who have multiple email accounts and it would enable them to sign in to all of those from a single interface and get started accessing to services like Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Sites, Google Reader, Google Voice, App Engine and Google Code.
To get started you will have to visit the Google Accounts Page at https://www.google.com/accounts/b/0/ManageAccount and then under the Email address you will find a new option ‘Multiple sign-in’ which by default is ‘OFF’ you will have to click on the change link and set it to ON.
Next a new page would be opened where you will have to review the information before you enable and start using the multiple sign-in. When multiple sign-in is turned on, you can click the arrow next to your address (at top right) to switch between accounts with these Google products: Calendar, Code, Gmail, Reader & Sites.
Click on the Radio Box – ON [Use multiple Google Accounts in the same web browser.] Select each of the check boxes below to confirm you understand how to use multiple sign-in:
The account you’re currently using is displayed at the top of most Google product pages, or at the bottom of most pages on mobile devices. Always check to make sure you’re using the account you want.
- Not all Google products support multiple sign-in. When switching between Google products, the account you’re currently using may change.
- Google products not listed above will default to the first account that you signed in to using your current web browser session.
- Offline Mail and Offline Calendar will be disabled. You may lose any unsent mail.
Steps to Enable Multiple Sign-in :
- Sign in to a product that supports multiple sign-in, using an account that has multiple sign-in enabled.
- Click your email address in the top-right corner of the page to expand the drop-down menu.
- Select Sign in to another account.
- On the page that opens, enter the email address and password for another account you wish to access, and click Sign in.
Once you completed these steps, you will have Log out of your Gmail account and relogin. Now on the Top right section you will find your email address followed by a small Drop Down arrow which would ask you to ‘Sign into another account’. Once you click on this you will be asked to login to the second Gmail account which you would like to access. After logging in you will find that drop down will have all the email accounts which you have logged into.