Multi Scan is a portable application which can scan local files. It will scan any number of files and folders through command line scanners and find a good application to technicians and trouble shooters. MultiScan will pass the file and folders paths to your programs then run those applications concurrently. All the settings are remembered in a configuration file in the directory but not in the registry of your computer unless specified. MultiScan can run up to 10 third-party anti-virus & malware scanners for the scanning of files or folders.
The following are the features of MultiScan
- Portable Antivirus i.e., requires no installation
- It doesn’t write to registry unless specified
- Easy access to the Multiscan from Windows explorer context menu
- Free antivirus, anti spam protection
MultiScan can scan your file with different antivirus engines. But a basic knowledge of command line syntax is must for working on those choosen scanner applications since it only supports command line scanners.
Listed here are the free and open source command line antivirus/malware scanners –
- ClamWin – Free & open source program
- Clam AntiVirus for Windows (free, open source)
- Emsisoft Command line Scanner
MultiScan is available for Windows XP (both 32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (both 32 bit and 64 bit) and Windows 7 (both 32 bit and 64 bit) and the installation file is not so much big.
Download MultiScan now.
The software is developed by 12Bytes. Finally people wouldn’t like to use it because it’s a command line scanner and many people can’t easily understand.