Google is the Biggest Referrer to my Blog and its divided into two sections ie from Normal Search Results & Google Images Search. Its very essential for every website owner to make sure that the Images they add on their websites & blogs are optimized for the Search Engines which would ultimately send you heavy visitors. We had previously written down 10 Tips for Google Images SEO, and here are a few tips which you need to implement on your blog.
- Image File Names – This is one of the most important factor which has to be taken care off, when you plan to use a image on your website or blog. Whenever you take a snap with your Digital Camera or Mobile Phone, there are maximum chances that the files would be saved in the Memory Card in the name format of DSC1331, DSC1332 or any other automatically generated file name which does not give you any clear idea on whats the image is based on the file name. If you rename the same image to something more descriptive it would be helpful for you to recognize the file without even previewing it. A photo of HP Mini Laptop should be saved as hp-mini-laptop.png rather than image1.png because the former would be more descriptive in recognizing it and this is the very same way Google would also detect the image and show on its Image Search Results.
- Text Around Images – There is no point in adding a hot celebrity Image next to your technology related article, but this is something few webmasters do in order to rank for celebrity keywords and then get visitors but this does not help. You should always make sure that the Images you add within your blog posts are completely related to the topic and not added just to offer a interesting look because that does not help in getting traffic from the Search Engines. Google normally gives more weigh to the text which is surrounding the Images in order to know more what the picture is about, hence adding some relevant keywords or information around it would be more helpful.
- Compare Adsense Ads – If you are worried on what Google thinks your Image is related to, its better to add a Google Adsense advertisement next to your Image and see the type of ads you get. Google will index your page and display few advertisements which may or may not be related to the Image you have published but still you can get a idea on what the Google bots think about your Image and based on this you can make changes to the Image in terms of Adding Related Text, Tags etc. This also increases the chances of better rankings because if everything is related to the keywords you are targeting it helps you in better indexing score and the site appears more relevant to Google for all the keywords and key-phrases you are targeting.
How to Add a Image
Here are all the different items which are involved when you are posting a Image and which are very important along with sample codes and how the Image would be looking on your blog when its published.
- src – This is the Source attribute which would specify the URL of the Image, which can be hosted anywhere either on your blog or else any other website. Its posted as src="https://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/HP-Mini-Laptop-College-Students.jpg"
- width & height declaration – This is the attribute which declares the total width and height of the image specified in pixels. If you have a very large image which can exceed the size of your content area, you can just limit the height & width to the size you want and add to your blog. Example : width="250" height="250"
- alt – The alt attribute is one of the most important factor for SEO, and this is because it describes the Image when the Image does not load and the attribute would display the text you have specified on the web-page. Many a times, if there are some problem with the host, the Images you have added on your blog may not load up, but the alt tag would be helpful to you because it would show a nice text which right clicked would show a option to ‘reload’ the Image. Example : alt="HP Mini Laptop"
- Title – The title attribute is going to work whenever the blog readers hovers his mouse over the image giving them a idea on what the Image is related to. Sometimes viewing a complex Image cannot be understood on what it represents but a title attribute would be helpful to the reader. Its again useful in terms of Search Engine Optimization too because it gives the Search Engine Bots more information on the Images. Example : title="HP Mini Laptop"
- Target – The target attribute specifies the way a linked document or file should open up. There are different options are available under this, though the most used is _blank option which opens the linked file in a new window or a new tab on the browser. Example : <a target="_blank"
- Align – The Align attribute allows you to specify the alignment of the Image within the Post Display area, which can range from Left, Right, Top, Bottom & Middle. Generally its recommended to use the Left & Right option to display the Image as a part of the content and this also helps in showing surrounding text. Example : <img align="value" />
Adding Image Example : Here is a example of a Laptop Image which was added in one of our article – Best Laptops for Students, which can you show how to add a perfectly optimized Image to your Blog for the highest rankings in the Search Engines. Here is the complete code we added on this article for displaying this Laptop Picture which you can take as a example and implement it on your blogs.
<a href="https://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/HP-Mini-Laptop-College-Students.jpg"><img align="right" target="_blank" src="https://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/HP-Mini-Laptop-College-Students-300×200.jpg" alt="HP Mini Laptop College Students" title="HP Mini Laptop College Students" width="150" height="100" /></a>