Most of you guys get low paying clicks and you generally think that adsense pays very low per click but its not just a rule that adsense pays low and other pay per click programs pay you more. You need to try out some of these adsense tips and i bet you can for sure expect a increase in your overall revenue when compared to the past.
- Try to change your adsense ad colours every fortnight or month in order to give your regularly visiting visitors a new look and feeling, and may be this can make them click on the ads which are interesting, generally its recommended to use blended ads ie ads with same background colour and same border colour of your webpage to make sure they match your website/blog’s background colour.
- Dont Stuff your website/blog with 3 Text Ads, 3 Link Ads & Paid Search box in a hope that this would lead to a better CTR but generally this leads to a very bad result, because the visitors try to ignore the complete ad sections and tend to become ad blind, along with this you can also get a low eCPM rate because of huge number of adverts on the same page.
- Lower amount of ad layouts on your blog/website offers you a high pay because adsense tries to show the best and most performing ads on your website and this can help you in getting more revenue with lower ad space alloted.
- Block advertisers who seem to directly advertising on your website/blogs because this does not affect generally much on your adsense revenue but it makes you lose your important visitors and at times many of these dont come back.
- Try to use different ad colours for Ad Title, Text & URL because this can at times offer a better CTR, rather than the case when all these 3 have the same colour. More CTR generally does offer you more revenue.
- Try to avoid using two ad units side by side because these kind of websites generally dont get returning visitors. Many adsense users are in a belief that adding 2 ad units next to each other like 250×250 + 250×250 would give them more revenue, but this revenue can just be one time and the website can lose their visitors.
- Use Adsense Alternate ads or colors because at times when you have some content/pages/posts which is against the TOS of adsense, or has not many advertisers you can find Public Service Ads[PSA] which generally dont pay you and its recommended to use alternative colour which can be the background colour of the same page or else by adding a alternative ad which gets loaded when there are no adsense ads.
- Replace your current adsense search box with the new styled Adsense – Google Custom Search because this can lead to more searches as the Google Watermark is shown within the search box and many visitors cannot identlfy if this is a paid search box.
- Show the Search Box Results on your own website by creating a page, because this can help you make the visitor stay in your website and this can help you make more money because the visitor may either click on any of your ad or just subscribe and this helps in the long run.
- Create Channels for every ad unit you add on your website and check out the performce based on the revenue, CTR etc and compare them, You can remove the low performing ones or try to blend them to make sure they perform well.
- Try to avoid using referrals, because generally the Adsense Referrals pays you when someone converts in the form of leads/sale and this is very low performing service when you compare your referral’s income with generally pay per clicks system. In normal contexual ads you get paid more when you compare the overall results.
- Image ads generally pay very less and cover the whole ad unit, when compared to text ads which generally have a bigger ad options and more rotations within the adunits. Also visitors generally dont like the image ads on your websites which you can find by testing and comparing the results of a certain period.
- Implement Section Targetting which can help you to get more relevant adverts on your website/blog based on a certain section of content, check out how to implement adsense section targetting.
- Setup Adsense Goals and make a small percentage target for every month which can be from 5-20% hike every month and for this you need to develop your website in terms of content, seo, ads optimizations etc. If you have some predefined goals you can surely achieve them slowly on time intervals.
- Setup a .mobi version of your most popular version and implement Adsense for Mobile because this can for sure help you out make some extra money when the mobile phone users use internet mobile phones to access your website and clicks on the ads.
- Try to implement adsense ad units on your left side column of your website rather than the right side column because its experimented and proved that this kind of ad placement can lead you to better Click-Through-Rate[CTR]
You can share your website/blog with current revenues and i will try to help you out by offering suggestions for a better google adsense revenue.