Were you affected by the recent algorithm update by Google called as the Penguin Update? Then this article *may* help you because what we are going to discuss below is some of the points suggested by Google itself. If you are a blogger whose blog has been surviving all the Google Panda Update Penalties and finally got hit with the recent update then this is something you need to read. We have had earlier covered a few articles like Recovering from Google Panda Algorithm Update, 39% Traffic Drop with Google Page Layout Panda Update & How Google Panda Update Went Wrong – Few Proofs
- Remove Any Paid Links : If you have had sold any links on your blog by charging a few dollars then its time you should be removing them because Google can easily find out if its a paid link or not. The point is that the link buyer usually buys links in bulk from similar blogs and all of them get penalized for doing so. A few dollars earned from this would lead you to loose a lot of Organic traffic. If you have still not done this, its time to remove those links and refund the money.
- No more Links Buying : If you have been buying links in bulk from different blogs then its time to stop those campaigns because Google has started tracking all the websites which have got huge back-links with the anchor text being the targeted keywords clearly giving them a hint that its a paid link. Natural links are generally earned with the blog name in the anchor text and not the main keyword in the anchor which is why the spiders easily find these and penalize those blogs.
- Focus on Ads Vs Content Ratio : If you have still not read our article on Google Page Layout Update then you need to read it because we have had clearly informed that you need to start building a active community and not just focus on some quick money by trying to earn from every visitor to your blog. Ensure that you can push as much related content to your readers and try to display very less % of ads on your blogs above the fold area.
- Stop Keyword Stuffing : If you follow the suggestions by so called guru’s on the web who suggest you to add some keywords within your articles, then you are doing it completely wrong. Google suggests you to write articles for your readers and not for the Search Engines, which means that you should never add / stuff keywords on your blog post content. If you were doing this from a while, its suggested to fix those articles or delete them and go for clean useful content which is useful for your blog readers.
- Send Feedback to Google : Still not able to figure out why the traffic is not back even after fixing up everything, then its time to send feedback to Google in detail about your issue and wait for the webmasters team to check the same. You can access the same here and ensure that your blog traffic was affected on the update which happened on April 24th and not something which happened in some other date range.
Hope the above tips are useful to you. Do post your comments / feedback below and let me know if you need any help. Image Credit : Seo-hacker.com
Parminder Singh says
I had recently came across your blogging by some friend as a source an i keep on visiting your blog but from recent of the updates by u i think this would be the best for all the new and old bloggers to get a genuine stuff on there site instead of just putting a rough stuff on there sites….
And this rely will help me in future building my site ….
thx once again
And keep updating with this penguin thing…
yash sehgal says
Gladly I am not affected by both panda and penguin updates.But one should definately follow the above steps to prevent further penalties from google.
Thanks to penguin update for changing the game of link building.. now everyone has to look after a working way to rank high..
keron james says
infact i dont use paid-link….and i will share this topic to my fren also!!
Great Tips, specially one should have to stopped buying links as it’s really affecting on blog traffic…happened to me.
ved prakash joshi says
Amitbhawani.com would be first one
casas en venta mcallen tx says
You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find
this matter to be actually something that I think I would
never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad
for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
Rohit Palit says
I think my website has been penalised recently by google. The forum of my website is the main traffic-attractor and an user posted copy-pasted content in the forum for 1 weeks. Now, that’s possibly why my SEO has been faltering so much lately.
Any tips from you would be great about my blog and forum. 🙂
Harsh Aggarwal says
Really useful article amit sir, My website also effected by this Penguin update by nearly 35%. Your recovery tips might helpful to my website. I didn’t understand Your point “Stop Keyword Stuffing”
. What it means , we should not add keywords for article in meta like in Yoast SEO ?
Amit Bhawani says
Referring to adding keywords in your blog posts which generally bloggers do.
Keyword stuffing means people do some tricks like adding lot of keywords to the article at the bottom and make them transparent with css like colour to white.So they are not visible to visitors but they are made for search engines.This is considered as blackhat trick,and google penalizes for this,You can happily add keywords in your yoast seo in each article.
Hope this helps.
Hello amit it is a good post. It is very helpful information in the post.
Sanjib Saha says
Well my site is new and i have no chances of getting affected now. But i would like be be more careful so that i wont get affected by this panda and penguin affect. Precaution is better than cure. I hope everything will go well . I am sure this article will help several bloggers who have been badly hit by these panda and penguin effects. Thanks for sharing
This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more
of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your website
in my social networks!
Gaurav @ Airtel 3G Hack says
Really awesome and working tricks
SEOmoz.org has written how WPMU.org recovered from Penguin Updates. The footer links which were known to be the best backlinks before are now considered as spam link and bloggers should remove them as soon as possible.
Amit Bhawani says
Right said, removing those helped them get back to the search visibility.
great tips, every google update should be marked as a black day 😉
really i found a lot of usefull information from this blog thanxx a lot sir
what you mean by keywordstuffing.a feature in wordpress called as tag is also keyword stuffing.we have to remove that also.after all work done in how many days the visits stats coming normal which effected by google penguin.
Very useful article Amit Bhawani sir. My website is suffering from these two last update of Google. I have got 1000+ unique visitors per day and now its only 200! It was a disaster for me and I was constantly trying to fix them. There is a slight improvement and I hope these tips will also help to get in the track. Otherwise I will send the feedback to Google as you advised.
Thanks for these tips.I have a question do change of domain name gets affected with penguin/panda update?
Matt Greener says
Thanks. All in all, a lot of common sense type stuff that Google has been warning about for years and finally started enforcing. Not all good though, they majorly messed up with the Webmaster Tools unnatural links warnings and telling everyone that you should do no SEO at all, which is junk. As good as your content is, you still need to do SEO as the rankings are far from perfect. Not so obvious, yet important is to continue link building, but varying anchor text. Gone are the days of blasting 372938498324 links with the exact same anchor.
thanks for your valuable information Sir
Prafull Singh says
Amit Can You Explain Some Thing About The New Google Panda & EMD Update (Released On 27 September) . In The Sense Of How It May Effect The Websites And What Should I Do For Be In The Search Results.
One of my site dropped from google due this update.I will try this
this is really a useful information, thanks for the valuable information
Panda, Penguin, above the fold, emd from how many you will recover?
pankaj dahiya says
sir if i copy data/posts from other websites then is it possible for me to get google add??
Really awesome and working tricks
Recovering from Panda is jst like climbing Mount Everest
Manjinder Singh says
My website is getting low traffic day by daty … am not able to under stand what too do now….?
can any one please help me out there…?
Mayukh Chakraborty says
Many thanks for giving us a clear and crisp idea on Big G’s latest axe – Penguin attack. Regarding keyword stuffing… that blackhead technique (which Rocky mentioned above) is very well known issue but I’m a bit confused whether I can’t use Keyword mixed content? I’m blogging for last two of months and learning these issues. Hence can’t understood that point. Please Amit ji, help me out regarding the keyword issue. I’m using ‘All in One SEO’ and adding very good content (100% Genuine and composed by me) with 7-8 keywords (as tags). Is this technique Penguin Proof?
Harvilas Meena says
Very good information, These are the instructions we should keep in mind at the time of posting any post on your blog. Very good
Last year, I also get penalized by the Google Panda. But, I was unable to recover. Now, I am working safely and we should follow all above instructions. Sold links for few dollars could harm your Google account.
One of my site penalized very badly by penguin on April 24 , 2012 . my site was ranking for the #1 for its all main keyword . It lost 90% search visibility . But I have not buy links . Not do keyword stuffing or any thing that you mentioned here . they why my site banned ?
I was the victim too.. thanks for the tips.. 🙂
Sir, Is there any major issues if I add pirated links to some content of my blog? eg: a mediafire link for a rooting package.