MNP, Mobile Number Portability has finally arrived! So, have you shifted your operator or will be staying back with your existing operator? For all those who wish to switch operator, let’s check out the quick steps with which you will be able to switch to your favorite operator with minimal efforts. We will guide you with all tips and tricks about MNP so that you can make the most of it without wasting much time.
Procedure to shift to Vodafone under Mobile Number Portability effortlessly:
- Before you visit Vodafone Store which is the Official gallery of Vodafone, you need to first send sms from your mobile that is PORT (your 10 digit mobile number) to 1900. As soon as you send this sms to 1900, within seconds you will receive a message from 1901 which will be containing the 8 digit alpha numeric UPC (Unique porting Code) which you need to carry along to the Vodafone Store along with the SIM Card which you wish to port.
- So, now at Vodafone Store, you will be given with two forms, one is the Mobile Number Portability: Port In Customers form and the standard Customer Application Form (CAF) of Vodafone.
- For filling the above applications in all you will be requiring 2 recent colour passport sized photographs along with the Xerox copies of Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Identity (POI).
- After filling in both the forms, you need to buy a Welcome Kit from the Cash counter which will cost Rs. 25 which is inclusive of Rs. 5 talk time and Rs. 19 porting fee.
- That’s it after the payment, executive will fill in the SIM number in the Customer Application Form (CAF) and he will give you the acknowledgment for the same. If the executive refuses to give the receipt for your form submission then you can ask the Store Manager for the same as it’s very important to track your application.
So, after submitting the two forms and collecting the Welcome Sim Kit, you are done with the MNP process, you will also receive some confirmation calls from the recipient operator after submitting the request for MNP and then within 7 working days you will receive a message on your existing connection that your number will be ported in the next 2 hours, so as soon as you receive this message your number will be de activated for a period of 2 hours due to operational reasons. So, after 2 hours you need to insert the new Sim card into the mobile and there you go you now have been successfully ported to the new operator.
If you don’t want to join the mass and wish to complete this process without wasting much time in Gallery then it’s advisable to visit the store in the Morning time that is at 10:00 AM. Do share your experiences about the MNP and all your doubts regarding the same. We will be happy to help you for FREE. In similar way you can make use of Mobile Number Portability and can shift to TATA DOCOMO, Idea Cellular, BSNL, airtel etc. Also, before switching do note that, once you switch operator you will have to stay with the operator for at least 90 days before you shift to other operator.