If you have two Gmail accounts then you would not want to open each one to check mails in different browsers, so let’s check out the three different ways with which you can transfer mails between the two Gmail accounts easily and effortlessly.
1. Setup a Filter for Forwarding all mails
- Setting up a filter for forwarding your mails is the simplest of all, for setting up the filter, all you will need to do is set up the filter which basically forwards all the incoming mails in your old Gmail account to the new Gmail account. If you use this problem then you also might have to live with the problem that you will have to keep your old Gmail account active simultaneously with the new one and also if you have joined some mailing lists and if your new account is not a part of that then you need to check your old Gmail account periodically.
- You can also auto forward all your mails from your old Gmail account to the new Gmail account which you can set through the settings and also after applying this setting, you need not check the old Gmail account as you will receive all the mails automatically.
2. Make use of POP feature for Downloading and Transferring Mails
With a great feature called POP in the Gmail settings, you now has the power to download all the mails from one account to the another account. For doing this, you just need to follow the below steps.
First, you need to open your Old Gmail account and need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the Settings, which is located on the top right corner of the Gmail and then choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP option from the Gmail Settings.
- Now, out of the three options in this section, in the second option enable the POP first for all you mails which is there in the POP Download section and then save your settings.
Now, open your new Gmail account follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Accounts and Import option in Gmail Settings.
- Click on Add POP3 email account button from the Check mail using POP3 section.
- Fill up your old account information in the pop-up. Choose all defaults fields except POP server to pop.gmail.com and save your settings.
In this method, mails will not be transferred at once and it may take few hours if your inbox has many mails. The only thing which will not be transferred is the Gmail’s chat history which will not be transferred.
3. Migrate Completely to the new Gmail with your Labels
You can migrate all your mails completely to your new Gmail account but the problem in doing so is you will end up having a new unorganized mailbox. To, avoid this what you can do is to just remove all multi labeled messages and club into one for now, like use a single label and then using a desktop client you can drag and drop mails between folders of your choice.