Asus EEE pad is a device which provides users a ‘real time, real life and real human’ computing experience. It is a device with a grayscale touchscreen display. It is as an ebook reader and a note-taking device. It is offered to the consumers with a keyboard and a dock so that the consumers use the machine as a media tablet and as a regular laptop. Asus are planning on running android, which includes a webcam and a usb port. The windows 7 EEE pad tablet pc developed by Asus, features an Intel culv processor and a 10-hour battery life.
It comes in two flavours ie 10-inch ep101tc & 12-inch ep121. Both the models are incredibly well-built – which have got aluminum edges and back covers. They are very light. The ui of both the flavors looked attractive and the swipe motions across the touchscreens were handled admirably. The 10-inch ep101tc is powered by tegra, and runs windows embedded compact 7. It looks to offer a smart, touch-based solution without the windows 7 desktop. The 12-inch eo121 is powered by intel ultra low voltage Intel core duo cpu, and runs windows 7 home premium.
- Both the versions are purported with 10 hours battery life.
- Asus EEE pad appeals to pc lovers familiar with windows 7.
- It is capable of supporting skype with a built in webcam.
- It will feature usb port.
- The ep121 can be used as a standard slate or can be plugged into a keyboard docking station to make it netbook savvy.
- It can be used as a ultra-portable laptop.
- It has a fast refresh rate of 0.1 sec which is very less than other e-book readers.
Drawbacks: The lcd display of the EEE pad, which can handle 64 gray shades doesn’t have the same contrast ration and outdoor readability.
Price: These EEE pads will cost from $499 to $ 599 and will be available to consumers by 2011.
Comments: The price would be pretty high for a full color android powered tablet, when apple is selling the entry-level iPad for $499, the EEE tablet isn’t a full color android tablet.With a high price as $499, why anyone would pick up an EEE tablet instead of a cheaper iPad, android tablet or a dedicated ebook reader – which could be much cheaper compared to EEE pad tablet.