There are several times you would like to speak about something and would like to have a professional voice instead of your own voice, may be in the instance when you want to announce a new product launch or want to tell out something to your websites visitors. In this case you will need a test to speech software or tool which would read out a small paragraph or an entire PDF or word document file.
Here are some of the top text to speech tools which can help you out.
- Cepstral : A excellent Text-to-Speech tool which comes as a download version for windows, mac & linux and variations in the voice based on speed, pitch, effect etc and a online trial tool which can help you to instantly try out the different options. There are different voices available with conversions available for desktop voices, handheld voices and telephony voices.
- SpokenText : This software allows you to record pdf files, ms word files, normal plain text, powerpoint files , rss feeds from news sites, any type of content to speech in the form of ipod book or Mp3 files. SpokenText offers many features like
* Convert pdf to mp3
* Convert doc to mp3
* Convert ppt to mp3
* Convert txt to mp3
* Convert html to mp3
* Enter text directly to convert to mp3
* Convert RSS feeds to mp3
* Convert emails to mp3
* Convert web pages to mp3
- DoMyReminders : A Perfect solution for recording messages into voice and then sending out these files as a phone call to the subscribers. You just need to enter the phone number to send the file and the first 20 messages sent this way are completely free. The service is paid one with pricing charged at around 15cents/call and first 20 calls sent for free.
- Vozme : A very easy tool with no downloads and scripts in order to convert your text to speech. The online tool just needs you to enter the whole set of content into the text box and you can convert it into Mp3 based on a male or female voice. Once converted you can directly preview the output file or else download the file in Mp3 format. There are couple more options of this online tool where in you can use this tool as a wordpress plugin or add as iGoogle Gadget. You can also convert your text to other languages like Hindi, Spanish, Italian, Catalan etc
Do let me know if you find any other excellent text to speech online tools