Gaming Sites are those where the audience mainly ranges between 8-24 who actually visit the site on a daily basis to beat scores. The overall impressions are very high for advertisements displayed, while the CTR is very less because regular games would not be willing to click on the advertisements. Hence its important to make sure that you display ads on the Play Game pages in such a way that they are almost near the Game Frame and clearly visible to the gamer. Following tips can be useful to you if you implement a similar site structure and Adsense ads at the suggested locations.
You can check out this series one by one based on your current website type.
- Ads Placement for News Sites
- Ads Placement for Discussion Forums
- Ads Placement for Blogs
- Ads Placement for Classified Sites
- Ads Placement for Games Sites
Game Site – Listing Page
Place a 728×90 leaderboard ad unit above and below the list of games to attract user attention before and after reading the list.
Add a 160×600 wide skyscraper ad unit below the side navigation bar.
- Place a 300×250 medium rectangle or a 336×280 large rectangle ad unit above the fold, directly above the game introduction and next to the game information.
- Add a 728×90 leaderboard or a 336×280 large rectangle between the game introductions and comments.
- Place a 468×60 banner ad unit above the game frame.
- Add a 728×90 leaderboard ad unit to the bottom of the page.