One of our advertiser was looking to advertise on our blog but was having a limited budget and was not willing to spend thousands of dollars for advertisement banners, which is the reason we recommended them to try out Google Adwords Managed Ads Placement. This is a option in Google Adwords using which you can select different websites and the specific ad location and advertise your products or services.
The best part of using this feature is that you dont have to shell though huge amount of money to get your brand listed on any website while you pay just for the clicks which visitors click and visit your blog. Lets say you have a budget of 1000$ per month, which would give you a fixed ad banner location with your ad placed on the content pages which may not be related to your advertisement, but in case of Google Adwords Managed Placement your advertisement will be shown only on relevant content pages and also you will be charged only when someone clicks on your ad or else on a minimum CPM rate.
Quick Advantages :
- You can target your advertisement based on your own selections. Instead of showing advertisments on the Google Ad Network based on say a keyword like Apple iPad, its better to target a blog which has dedicated category on iPad and has a huge number of readers for the same who would be more interested in clicking on ads which are again related to the same niche or category.
- You can manually select the websites where you want to advertise and then set the keywords which will be contexually targetted and the ads would be displayed on the relevant content pages places.
- You can easily decide if its worth continuing advertising on a specific website or not based on the stats you get from the Adwords Campaign details.
To use the placement tool, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at: http://adwords.google.com
- Click the Networks tab from any campaign.
- Find the “Display Network” table, and click Show details next to “Managed placements.”
- When the managed placement table opens, click “+ Add placements.”
- Select an ad group.
- Click Try the placement tool next to the text box.
Once you click on the Google Adwords Placement Tool Link, you will get a new window with a option to search for the website URL you are planning to advertise on. Here enter the URL like www.amitbhawani.com as shown below.
Next you will be shown with a list of search results for the specific website along with the different ad location placements and the amount of daily ad impressions. You can just select a single ad placement and then set the advertisement and get started.