SEO has never been really easy and in case of blogs generally bloggers start seeing visitors from the search engines because SE’s like Google have started indexing content in super speed which means that the moment you generally make a post on your blogs it gets indexed and you can find the blog posts in the google search and google blog search almost within a minute’s time.
In order to get better rankings in the search engines and getting visitors from the search engines you need to perform On Page & Off Page Search Engine Optimization. In order to perform the most of your On Page SEO you need to install plugins like All in One SEO and for Off page SEO you need to perform some of the following link building ideas.
Link Building Ideas for Web Blogs :
- Web Directory Submissions : Though many people dont recommend web directories but its a very good way to build quality links. You need to perform good research before submitting your links to web directories. Here are some very good high quality web directories which can be recommended to make sure your blogs are instantly indexed because of the backlinks from these directories. Yahoo Directory, Google Directory, Best of the Web, Dmoz, Ezilon & Business.com. Some of these web directories would charge your listing fees and some are free directories but take good amount of time for approving your submitted website listing. There are many other web directories which may be of lower page rank or value but still they help and its worth submitting to any of these. Just make sure that these directories dont list any adult/bad network websites because in that case your website/blog can also get penalized.
- Press Release Submissions : Press Release is not always a free service but its worth the money paid because you get backlinks from very high reputed sources like PRWeb(Paid PR Submission which costs upto 360$) and also gives you a great exposure in the form of real visitors and listing in their network of News websites. There are free press release submission options like Free Press Release which you can use to get quality exposure to your website/blog.
- Blog Directory Submissions : If you are looking for building websites for your blog’s you can start submitting your blogs to blog directories. The advantage of this is that search engines can easily understand your blog’s theme when listed in authority(quality) blog directories and help you in ranking better in your niche. Some of the best blog directories would be Blog Catalog, Blog Hub, Blog Fusion, Blog Flux, Best of the Web Blogs, BlogoRama. You need to make sure you add a Original and different description for every different blog directory you submit your blog into and also submit to the most relevant category to make sure you get the best results.
- One Way Link Building : If you are looking for more one way permanent links you need to contact a SEO Company for building one way links which are theme based and can help you in gaining quality links. This can help you out because it offers you quality backlinks which are related to your website/blog’s niche and also have better authority than your website.
- Networking with Others : Be it websites or blogs, it does help if you link with other related websites and get linked back from them. You should not do this to the extreme but try to limit to around 20 maximum outbound links. You need to contact related website owners and try to get your website listed on their sidebar/homepage. If thats not possible try to write very useful information and get listed on other related websites with link back to these posts/pages.
- Starting Contests : Generally most bloggers keep offering contests in order to gain subscribers and traffic but with these contest they get a lot of link backs too with the minimal costs and helps them in better search engine rankings. Try out to create killer contests because they spread like fire and you can gain lot of backlinks from related blogs.
- Offer Discounts/Coupons : If you run a website and are looking for backlinks try to offer discounts/coupons of different products in the form of regular lists and these can be attracted by social networking websites where visitors keep sharing within their network in return offering you with lots of live backlinks. You can also offer the same in the form of blogging tools/web hosting coupons which bloggers would get attracted to.
- Article Directory Submissions : Submission of original articles which are related to your website/blog to article directories like Ezine Articles. There are hundreds of quality article directories where you can submit articles and they offer you a resource box where you can add live linkbacks to your websites/blog. Generally these all are Do-Follow and can help you in gaining Search engine rankings and Page Rank.
- Social Bookmarking : There are several high ranking social bookmarking websites like Delicious, Digg, Technorati, Propeller, StumbleUpon, Reddit and Fark. Most of these offer you with No-Follow but still it helps you in Search Engine Rankings in the long run.
There is no such rule that any of these would help your website/blog in search engine rankings, but if all of these done at the same time in a phazed manner then it would help you grow in long run. Nothing can be achieved in a day’s time because your website/blog would need sometime to gain authority.