There are thousands of people who lose their valuable mobile phones every day and this costs them a lot because its not just the mobile phone handset they have lost but more important is the loss of their important data, contacts, images & video’s stored in the mobile phone memory. I lost my new nokia mobile phone last year and ended up with a Nokia 5310 and i had to suffer a loss of very important contacts and my party photos which were all lost and i could not get anything back. Here are some important tips which every mobile phone user should take care of before they end up losing a important gadget.
- Always try to take a backup of all your mobile phone data by using a data card/bluetooth and having a backup on your laptop/computer which you can later restore into a mobile phone in case you lose your mobile phone or in case it crashes.
- Contact your local Police Station[PS] as soon as possible once you lose your mobile phone and try to file a FIR[First Information Report] with the complete information of your cell phone handset, model, IMIE number, batter number if possible, lost mobile phone number, current contact details and this is a free service and you dont need to pay any amount to the police department.
- Reach your Telecom Service Providers office as soon as possible and file a complaint about the loss of your handset with a copy of your FIR and request them to cancel the current SIM card and try to reissue a new one with the Same number, because this way you can make sure that the new owner of your mobile phone does not make any calls from your mobile phone and also you dont expect huge post-paid mobile phone bills which you have not used.
- Activate Phone Locks : Whenever you buy a new mobile phone you are offered a manual on how to use this new handset, you can check out the complete process on how to activate keypad and you need to always use this feature because if you lose your mobile phone the new owner would try to contact any local store to unlock the phone and your chances of recovering the mobile phone may increase.
- Backup Address Book : You can always take a backup of all your important contact numbers, email ID’s, Address Locations because it helps in case you lose your mobile phone and its very important to have a copy of this data. Either export the whole list onto your PC using PCSuite kind of softwares. Another option would be to manually write down all these details into a book or Ms Excel Spread Sheet. You can also use any of your non-usable SIM card which is not actived but has some memory space generally 200-500 records.
- Mobile Phone Insurance : If your mobile phone is stolen or lost while travelling its always better to go for a mobile phone insurance prior to this kind of situation because you can also get back the complete cost of your handset once its verified that you have lost the phone. The Insurance coverage would help you out in getting back all your money and get a new handset.
- Check out websites like Mobile Phones Tracker where complete IMEI and Lost mobile Phone records are stored, which can come in use. When ever you buy a second hand mobile phone you can check out mobilephonestracker.com to check whether its a lost/stolen mobile phone and try to help out the real owner.
There are many other ways you can try to recover your lost/stolen mobile phone. If you do have any please share with us because it can help out our readers who are in this bad situation.