From now, if you lose your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch or any iDevice while you are on the go, then you can easily detect your precious iDevice by simply installing Find My iPhone app on any of your iOS device to find it. But for doing this you need to install this app on your iDevice.
Also Apple will soon be releasing iOS 4.2 with many features like multitasking, airprint, games center, airplay and folders for iPad etc. And what’s more is that with the new iOS 4.2, you can find iPhone be it iPad or iPod touch as this is free and that too without a Mobile Me subscription which will help you find your lost iDevice.
This Find My iPhone app is a free download which is available in the Apple App Store and lets the users to easily locate missing iDevice on a map and have it display a message or even play a sound so that users can even remotely lock or wipe data from a lost device to protect privacy. This app acts like a anti theft for this device.
Features List of Find My iPhone iOS 4.2 App
- Locates iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on a map
- Displays a message and optionally plays a buzzing sound too for two minutes at a full volume even if your device is set in the silent mode.
- You can also remotely set a pass code lock on your device, or lock it using your existing pass code
- Last but not the least you can also remotely wipe your device to permanently erase all of your personal data
If you are wondering or not sure on how to proceed for setting up this into your iDevice then we will guide you in this noble process so that all your iDevices will always be Safe.
Procedure to Setup Find My iPhone on iPhone 4, iPad & iPod Touch:
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you have updated your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch with the latest iOS 4.2.
- Now, just tap on the Settings icon and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Now, you need to Tap on the the Add Account button and select Mobile Me as shown below,
- You will now have to Enter your Apple ID and password. If you have an iTunes Store account or have ordered from the Apple Online Store, you already have an Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create Free Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions. If you’re already a MobileMe subscriber, enter your me.com or mac.com email address and password and proceed with Ok.
Now all you will have to do is to just Verify your account. If your MobileMe account says “Not Verified,” then you will have to check your email inbox for a message from Apple. Click on Verify Now and Sign in with your Apple ID. If you don’t see a verification email in your inbox, select your MobileMe account and tap Resend Verification Email so that you will be able to have the login credentials.
- Now, Return to the MobileMe screen and just flip to switch ON Find My iPhone. When the Find My iPhone message appears you need to tap on Allow.
Now, all you need to do when your iDevice is lost is just Sign in to me.com from a computer to see your iPhone on a map, display a message, or set a pass code to lock the device. You can also setup Google Sync on your iPhone or iPod just in case if you wipe all the information or also you always have an option to back up your data.