With the power of Mobile Payments, you can now easily transfer payments to your friends and family directly from your mobile phone itself. The system is quite easy and also secured giving you the facility of easy funds transfer. Earlier we had written about different ways of transferring payments instead of visiting your bank physically at Transfer Funds to ICICI Bank, ICICI Bank Android App, How to Transfer Funds from your ICICI Bank Account etc.
In this article we are going to discuss about the Mobile Payment Services offered by the ICICI Bank India. The first of its kind service launched by National Payments Corporation of India [NPCI] along with the approval by Reserve Bank of India [RBI]. With the IMPS Service you can easily transfer money from your bank account to any other Savings Bank Account of any participating bank using your normal mobile phone. Some of the main features of this service are :
- Instant Money Transfer
- 24×7 Money Transfer
- Convenience of transferring money using your mobile
- 3rd party bank transfer
Now you can send money instantly from your savings bank account using your mobile number along with a 7 digit MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) number. To receive funds you will need to generate MMID.
How to transfer money
- Go to iMobile on your mobile phone
- Select Transfer Funds under Insta FT
- Enter beneficiaries 10 digit mobile number and 7 digit MMID number followed by the amount you wish to transfer
- Confirm entered details
- To authenticate, enter the required 3 grid values (eg: I=24,K=54,M=43), of the 16 grid values present at the back of your ICICI Bank debit card
- Once your details are authenticated, the money is transferred instantly from your account. You will also get an SMS with the transaction status
How to receive money
- To receive money to your account via instant money transfer you will need to share your mobile number and MMID with the payee
- To generate MMID
Call our 24hr Customer Care
Go to iMobile on your mobile phone
– Select Transfer Funds under Insta FT
– Click on Generate MMID number
This service is currently available through ICICI Bank iMobile Application. MMID – stands for Mobile Money Identifier, which is a unique 7 digit id corresponding to every savings account.