There have been many situations where in iam alerted by my blog readers or known friends that my blog is down but i don’t get any updates from my Server Monitoring Team which is one of the reason i feel that my blog is not down, but in fact it is down and iam loosing lot of revenue along with valuable readers who would get a bad experience. Now in order to overcome this problem there are certain ways to make sure and keep you confirmed that your website is down.
- Are My Sites Up : This is a excellent website Uptime or Downtime Monitoring Tool which is going to alert you with any changes in the server. The service offers you with a free pack where in you can monitor upto 5 websites at a time along with the following features ie 60 Minutes Site Check Interval, Error Codes – When possible, we tell you WHY your site is down by providing the error code it returned, SMS Alerts – Site outage alerts are sent directly to your phone. Free and unlimited, iPhone App – Use your iPhone to view/add/edit/delete all the sites in your account etc. Overall a recommended service because it checks your website every hour and then alerts you through RSS, text message, Twitter, SMS, emails etc in order to keep you updated.
- Basic State : A 100% Free Website Uptime Monitoring Service which works perfectly in finding if your dns is responding properly or if there is any other issue with your website. You get a free alert instantly via SMS or email and the site monitors your websites every 15 minutes which means that your site is monitor in quicker intervals.
- Pingdom : One of the most recommended service for webmasters to track downtime their websites. Uptime and performance monitoring made easy, Be the first to know when your website is down. Get downtime alerts. Get troubleshooting help. Get uptime & performance reports. You dont have to install any codes nor any software on your PC and directly get started with a free plan which is offered for 30 days straight along with 1 site monitoring and 20 SMS Alerts after which you need to upgrade to the paid plans which range at 9.95$/month & 39.95$/month. You will be given with detailed report once your website is down through Email. SMS, Tweets or DM. Also offers you with tools which can help you in find the website loading time.
* Uptime reports
* Response time reports
* Email, text & twitter alerts
* Multiple check locations
* Error analysis
* Public and email reports
- Binary Canary : This is another website monitoring service which is going to allow you to Monitor Anything ranging from Websites, email, servers, routers etc on a high frequency ie at 1 minute monitoring it would make a total of 1440 checks in a day’s time. Along with this the checks are made from multiple locations in order to make sure that you get notifications if your sites/server is not responding from any specific location. The monitoring is perfectly handled to make sure that there are no False Alarms raised. The plans start with Free Account along with a 15 minutes frequency checkup and 5 different monitors included with the largest plan called as the Hyper Plan at 20$/month with 1 minute frequency check up and 100 SMS Updates.