The wordpress team has been releasing a new version of wordpress every week , or say every fortnight with a new better version, but the main problem that comes is the upgradation errors while upgrading to wordpress 2.3, themes problems and plugins integrations problems. It would be a better option if the wordpress guys stop for a while, think advanced and release a better version at once which is completely stable rathen than again and again updating to a new version where in all the users have to keep updating the script on their side.
Here are some latest releases of this script :
- WordPress 2.2.2 and 2.0.11 – August 5, 2007
- WordPress 2.3 Beta 1 – August 28, 2007
- WordPress 2.3 Beta 2 – September 4, 2007
- WordPress 2.2.3 – September 8, 2007
- WordPress 2.3 Beta 3 – September 11, 2007
- WordPress 2.3 Release Candidate 1 – September 19, 2007
- Preparing for 2.3 – September 22, 2007
- WordPress 2.3 – September 25, 2007
- WordPress 2.3.1 Release Candidate 1 – October 24, 2007
- WordPress 2.3.1 – October 26, 2007
The current stable version WordPress 2.3.1 has been downloaded: 145,879 Times till the time iam writing this post and this can clearly give you a idea how many bloggers have to upgrade their blogs either by download the latest stable version from wordpress.org or from their fantastico [cpanel feature]. Everytime there is a new version out many plugins and wordpress themes stop working and this is another drawback of using wordpress because in other softwares there would be lower number of updations and would save the time of the webmaster.
Lets hope the guys at wordpress think about this once and start releasing only the best stable version only when its required.